This service is used by individuals who are named as an executor of a deceased’s estate and wish to administer the Estate themselves.
The process involves:
- Taking instruction
- Advising on the will and codicils
- Obtaining details and valuations of assets and liabilities
- Meetings to discuss and review matters
- Completing the Probate Application and Inheritance Tax Forms
- Obtaining the Grant of Probate/Letters of Administration
When obtaining Grant of Probate/Letters of Administration, we calculate fees on a time spent basis. Our fees vary dependent upon the size and complexity of an estate. Complexity is not always linked to the value of the estate as sometimes a small but complex Estate can be more time consuming to resolve than a large straightforward one.
On average we estimate obtaining the Grant of Probate/Letters of Administration will cost from £1,000 to £2,000 + Vat at the standard rate (currently 20%) and disbursements.